Insurance is an essential piece of most comprehensive financial security plans. If tragic events like death, disability or critical illness should occur, insurance can protect you and your family from undue hardship. Some life insurance policies also provide tax-advantaged savings that you can draw on to achieve goals like buying a house or retiring comfortably.
We can review a variety of insurance solutions to help meet your financial security planning needs. Regardless of your personal situation—single or family; professional or seasonal employee; an executive or a small business owner—we will work together to design your customized plan. It could include any of the following:
In the event of death, life insurance offers surviving family members increased financial security. The tax-free lump sum payment can cover final expenses and debts and provide income for the deceased’s dependents.
The advantages of life insurance include:
- An instant estate for your loved ones when funds are most needed
- Death benefits that are normally non-taxable for named beneficiaries
- Probate cost avoided if beneficiary is named (other than your estate)
- Build tax-advantaged capital for retirement purposes or provide liquid savings through some permanent life insurance plans
- Potentially offer your loved ones creditor protection through some life insurance plans
We will ensure you select the most appropriate coverage from a variety of life insurance options to meet the needs identified in your financial security plan.
Life insurance can play a vital role in your financial security plan - contact us today to find out how.
Long-term Care, Disability and Critical Illness Insurance
Help protect one of your most valuable assets – your income – from unexpected events through long-term care, disability and critical illness insurance.
A steady income is important for both current financial obligations (e.g. grocery bills and mortgage payments) and for future financial security (e.g. planning for your children’s education or for retirement). What would happen if you suddenly lost your income stream as a result of a long-term illness or disability?
Long-term care and disability insurance products will not only help protect your ability to earn an income, but also help ensure your peace of mind both in your earning years and in retirement.
Long-term care insurance
Long-term care (LTC) coverage helps you maintain financial independence and security in the event you suffer a condition requiring long-term care, such as a chronic illness, or simply require more care as you get older.
Given Canada’s aging population, you may already have family or friends who have experienced waitlists and overcrowded long-term care facilities. Private home or facility care is an alternative option which can be made possible with LTC coverage.
Depending on the specific coverage selected, long-term care insurance can:
- Provide a lump sum payment following the diagnosis of a covered illness
- Help cover expenses, including medicine and treatment, for long-term health and personal care
- Cover services in your own home or in a long-term care facility
- Assist with financial expenses like lost employment income
We can help you tailor your financial security plan so it protects you through long-term care insurance. Contact us today to find out how.
Protect your financial security in case an accident or illness results in your inability to work.
Suffering a disability can result in a significant loss of income, and insurance can help cover your expenses. Rather than a single lump-sum payment, Disability Insurance benefits are almost always payable on a monthly basis.
Short-term Disability Insurance can provide an income during the early part of a disability, while Long-term Disability Insurance helps replace an income for an extended time frame.
Depending on the specific plan chosen, disability insurance can:
- Help maintain your financial independence, lifestyle and security through monthly payments
- Assist with paying fixed expenses for your business
- Support the buy-out of a disabled partner’s share of a business
We can help you tailor your financial security plan so it protects your income through long-term care and/or disability insurance. Contact us today to find out how.
Disability and critical illness insurance
Suffering a critical illness can be distressing for everyone involved. Having proper insurance can ease the burden by reducing financial stresses while complementing disability and life insurance protection needs. The added financial security can pay for additional expenses often related to a critical illness or condition, allowing you, your family, or your business, to focus on recovery.
The advantages of critical illness insurance include:
- Coverage for up to 26 critical illnesses or conditions
- An initial lump-sum benefit for use however you wish
- Home-care costs during illness and recovery
- Payment even if you were not disabled from working
- A return of premium benefit (optional)
Contact us today to determine whether critical illness insurance fits into your financial security plan.
Health and Dental Insurance
Depending on your situation, you may or may not be covered under your (or your spouse’s) employer group benefit plan, or you may prefer to have additional coverage. We can help you choose a health and dental plan that could cover added out-of-pocket medical and dental expenses for you and your family. These plans are designed to provide various levels of enhanced healthcare protection, depending on your needs and stage of life.
When designing your customized heath and dental insurance package, you can choose from an array of services you would like covered such as:
- Prescription drugs, considered by many as one of the most valuable forms of health coverage
- Paramedical services, ranging from the use of an ambulance to massage therapy
- Vision care if you or your family members wear glasses or contact lenses
- Protection while on vacation or a business trip with out-of-country medical coverage
- Access to private or semi-private hospital rooms
- Dental care ranging from basic dental work to portion of orthodontics
Contact us to find out more about enhanced healthcare and dental protection for you and your loved ones.
Group Health Benefits
Today, valued employees often look for more than financial compensation. This can include having an employer who supports their health, and the health of their families.
As a successful business owner, you can attract and retain your employees using a group benefit plan. Employers also gain tax benefits such as premiums that are deductible as a business expense.
Flexible plans offer employers and employees cost-effective, customized ways to address their needs. Choose from an array of benefits including:
- Extended health and dental care coverage with optional coverages such as prescription drugs, paramedical services, vision care, out-of-country medical coverage, basic dental work and orthodontics
- Group life insurance
- Group short- and long-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance and wellness programs
- Group critical illness coverage, to help ensure your employees can survive a critical illness
- Benefits plans tailored to specialized employee groups
Contact us today to learn more about benefits products and services that fit the needs of your business.
Life and health insurance products are provided by Deborah Williams through Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network. Life and health insurance products and services are not available through Desjardins Financial Security Investments Inc. nor are the insurance plans or services available and/or offered on this site supervised or reviewed by Desjardins Financial Security Investments Inc.